Saturday, February 2, 2008

A Teaser

Friends and bloggers, lend me your eyes! For I come not to destroy hopes, but to fulfill them. Sweet sleep, robbing my eyes of light, will give back to the moon some tarnished beauty, and once, once and for all I will prevail! Indeed, my words are a stool, come sit on them!

All of the quotes or versions of sayings that went before are examples of things that can happen when I get tired. See, when I get tired a funny thing happens. I know how ridiculous I sound when I say things like what I just say. I know (for the most part) how foolish things will be coming out of my mouth long before my voice strings begin to vibrate, but when I’m tired, I don’t care! I could care less what people think of me, nor what kind of impression I’m leaving. Normally I am a very happy person, and there are few who can truly get me to shut up. Maybe if someone I really liked but was nervous around walked into the room that might shut me up, but honestly I doubt it. Along with this happy talkative nature is also an energetic need to be constantly doing, or something. However, when the time for sleep is come and I no longer have any real energy, this talkative and twitchy tendency turns into a rambling person who says weird stuff, and then states his exhaustion with life. Seriously, today I am willing to bet that if you lay me on a couch anywhere, I will fall asleep. Even if a girl I liked were sitting opposite me, or instead of a girl it were a firecracker, or even if it were a firefighter with a running hose, or maybe a boa constrictor, maybe a clown, or how about a cowboy, those are scary, good food, a killer something or tother, it would register little above the normal range, and I would be asleep within five minutes. That’s right, the only thing keeping me up right now is the fact that I started this blogathon, and I will see it to the end. I will! And if I don’t, well, oh well, I may survive shame and scorn for another day.

As lame as this is, this blog is only to introduce tomorrow’s topic, something that I have been thinking on for the past week or so, and now, with the completion of my first week in the date-a-week series of 2008, I have come to a conclusion. The conclusion I have come to is about something that I will hence call the Yellow Factor. Got you interested? That’s the point.

And now, I will fall asleep.

No comments: