Thursday, January 10, 2008

A rhymet.

Each day I awake
to see the bright sun shine.
At least when I sleep in.
Otherwise, I wake to see the night
chased away by rays of light.

In class I sit
to study and learn,
that is, when I listen.
Or maybe I'm lulled into dreaming
by a mind that is awfully scheming.

Other places
Other times
I do this or that. I'm occupied.
I hide in my business
Much too afraid of being without
something to do.
'Cause inactivity is the same for me
as for a blister, a shoe.

There's more to this rhyme that meets the eye. I cannot say that every moment of my life is always happiness, nor can I say that I understand myself all the time. I have learned, however, that the quiet moments I have all to myself when I am doing nothing and have no one around to talk to are the moments when most my devils scream for admission.

I find that the trick is not letting them past the front gate.

1 comment:

Tolkien Boy said...

I suppose that's the idea...keep them outside, in the cold, cold, cold.

I liked your rhymet. I also like the word "rhymet". Can I borrow it?

(P.S. You're kind of the best. Really.)