Monday, October 22, 2012

Letchworth. Not your grandmother's park

The title might be a little misleading.  It's not your grandmother's park because, chances are it's been around longer than she has.

Anyway, as it turns out, New York State grows waterfalls, and parks that have waterfalls, like idaho grows potatoes.  We went and experienced the so called "Grand Canyon of the East" this past weekend, and it was so pretty we decided to share pictures with you.  Actually, we figure that you all are starved to see our lovely smiling or smirking faces again, so we've included pictures.  Yes, that's right, pictures.  If you haven't had enough by now, sit back and relax, cause more are coming your way.  I've decided that mostly people will want to see the pictures, because there's not much to say about them, so I'll just let you look without interrupting.











I know I said I wouldn't interrupt, but I just had to.  This bird thingy was flying level with us.  How cool is that?









The clouds were being a little ornery during our trip, so some of these pictures might be a little dark.  Like this last one.  We went with another couple from our ward, the Preslars.  They're a lot of fun, and we've had a good time doing a variety of things with them already.

All in all, Letchworth state park is pretty dang impressive.  Well, I guess we really only saw about a fourthish of the park, really, but everything we saw was really pretty.  Except a nearly empty dam.  Not so pretty.  I mean, it didn't even warrant a picture.  But other than that, pretty awesome stuff.  Yep.  And that's all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

Mike and Erin said...

"Bird-thingy"? Really? That's a golden eagle, for crying out loud!

Mike and Erin said...

By the way, how come I'm not listed as one of your blogger buddies?