Thursday, March 6, 2008

Homework Sonnet

It just so happens that in my Spanish class we are currently studying various works done by dead spanish poets. That being, said, one of the structures that most facinates me is that of the Spanish sonnet. I recently had a humorous conversation with a friend that made me want to write a poem about the subject discussed. So it is that I present the "Homework Sonnet." I confess that it did not work out the way that I was expecting, but you can be the judge of its comparable worth, or lack thereof.

Homework Sonnet

Today’s homework fell in love with a beautiful lady.
He laughed with happiness as he went along with her.
He left with what I’d written, and now I’m not sure
What I was thinking, he took my thoughts with acts shady.

Homework is happy to be with her, and I understand.
Anyone would be glad to be with someone so beautiful,
Smart, funny, loving, happy; a person so dutiful,
Who could fill someone’s life with just a brush of a hand.

My teachers say I should spend more time, more effort thinking
About my homework, so I their demands may satiate,
Saying all of this work a good life to me is linking.

Even though all should combine against me in this debate
My heart cannot yield to their cry, from this it is banned;
The truth is that more than despise it, my homework I hate.

Thank you.

I apologize for the lack of writing in the past days. You would be suprised the stress that is introduced into one's life by having three tests on nearly the same day.

No comments: