Monday, September 24, 2007

Cold!

I flunked a test today. I just had to start out with that today, because it's the only bad thing that's happened up till this moment in time, one thirty on a blistery cold afternoon. That's right, I went forth and fetched that bad grade. I even did it assertively, in half the time that we were given to complete the test. That's right, I went from no grade to bad grade in a whopping 5o minutes. I'm so excited.

But that's not the topic of my blog today! I thought about many topics that I could share with you today. The topic of this ever increasing in popularity is the weather! I couldn't find a more interesting subject to discuss, so I'll have to talk about this one. Today, I woke, up, rolled out of bed and was, brief pause for dramatic affect, cold! It was amazing! It's been a good two years since I rolled out of bed (that might be because in my mission we slept in hammocks for two years) and was cold. Okay, that's a slight exageration. I think I was cold on one day of my mission. But, still, the point is that it was quite a shock for my poor adjusting body, and I nearly had a heart attack. Also an exageration, but you get my point. It was wonderful! I think that when one is cold, a lot of normal body functions suddenly start to work at peak performance. I mean, not often do you shiver so uncontrolably that you have to consciously flex all of your muscles to keep from falling to the floor. It was an interesting experience. If you ever see someone on the floor, and it's cold, just know that they forgot to flex before the shivers set in. The best way to treat them is to get down on the floor and give them a hug. If you ever see me on the floor, don't worry, I just am trying to get a hug.

But the fun didn't stop there. I got into my hot red little car that some have indeed referred to as a hot red chick car, but seeing as I am neither hot, red, nor a chick, the car will have to be the hot reddy, and I'll go on being Major Bubbles. I got into him (his name is uum, if you'd like to know) and drove to school. It was raining, but I think a few degrees colder, and it might just have started raining down ice. I was cold. That wasn't the best part, though. All of a sudden I realised that I could see my breath! I think that the only possible attraction to smoking (not that there is one) could only be the ability to see some breath like substance at any time in the year. Though, this definately does not give us an excuse to go exude toxin just so we feel cool about seeing our breath. After that complete digression, let me just say that I saw my breath, and was excited. There's something about spraying forth a cloud of visible heated moisture that just makes one giddy inside. I was, indeed, giddy. I loved it.

I have other reasons why I liked the cold today. As the rain clouds cleared and the sun shone down, there was white on the mountains. I could just hear the interjection my Dad would have surely made if he'd been present. "There's snow in them there hills!" Not a good reflection on his grammer capabilities, but a wonderful memory from many years of snow covered mountains. I love the snow. It has been two years since I saw it, so you may imagine my excitement. Go ahead, I give you permision.

And last, but most definately not least, I would like to say, that the cold has a wonderful affect on fashion. I have never seen quite so many dazzling women as I do when it's cold out. I say that because there's something about completely dressed that just makes me get all weak kneed and ready to fall in love at a heartbeat. I love totally dressed women! I make that statement without any wish to insult the mirades of people who like to wear less clothing, I just state it as my opinion that girls (and guys too, for that matter, though I doubt my opinion matters to them) look so much better in plenty of clothing. As clothing becomes a matter of survival as the temperature drops, the fashions begin to change, and in my opinion for the better. At the risk of being risque, I would like to say that a girl in a sweater or sweatshirt can be about the sexiest thing in the planet. Am I allowed to say that on the internet?

Point aside, I love the cold. I hope that all of you go out and enjoy it before it gets too cold, because by then Major Bubbles will probably be found inside sipping hot chocolate and listening to Nat King Cole, or something else. Maybe even Michael Buble. So get out there, enjoy the cold!

No comments: