Friday, July 18, 2008

Some Dead Guy

I really don't have much to say for this blog. If considered with my other blogs, this is very odd.

I have, of late, been almost excessively committed in time and effort to the creation of art. I say art because there's enough of me in it, or enough of personality, that it can be considered such. There is enough creation of both the beautiful and the rough together that it becomes, by nature, a thing of art.

I have been involved in a play. I continue to be involved, actually, with the opening night being not too far off. Most everyone who reads this blog is already aware of this fact, but I figured that I would not be being fair to the other actors of the play, and that I would not be giving an accurate dipiction of either my life or my mind set (which seems to be set utterly on random. Does anyone know how to stop a random generator that's going on in one's brain?) unless I made mention of the play here.

It's a musical. About a dead guy. Or a mostly dead guy. Who wants to go on vacation. If dead guys can go on vacation. It's called Lucky Stiff.

I'm sure that if the authors of the show ever read how I just described it they would make sure that I was a very UNlucky stiff. It's a lot more complex than that, and turns more into a show about how to live by taking chances and doing new things, and has an odd twist at the end about how we should be forgiving and loving and, ahhh, isn't it so nice?

If you don't think it's going to be funny, I can tell you it most definately is. The script is hilarious, if not exactly how I would have done it. The acting has been spectacular and I'm excited to see the final product come together two nights before we open August 1st. Oh, how I love the last minutedness of community theater.

Showing at the Terrace Plaza Playhouse, it's sure to be a delight. So come. And say Hi to me when you do. Because then I'll feel validated. And I like feeling validated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Break a leg!!

Anonymous said...

That is neat when you are doing something that you are so excited about doing and you just want to shout it out to the world. "I'm doing something with my life". Plus, it's even more exciting when other people are excited for you. I think that not only it is validating to have someone attend something you are involved in, but also (at least it is for me) for someone to send me a happy, how are you, email or note. So, if I can't make it to your play, consider my notes to be a validation that I know you are alive and I am interested in what you have to say.