Sunday, June 8, 2008

Poetry Soup

Once again, it has come time for me to share a poem. And so, here it is, the unrefined (meaning roughest draft there could be) jumblings of my brain.

Poetry Soup

As slashes and swirls
Dance across the page,
They paint a picture with
Less than a thousand words.

An angry “The” got up
To clash with a defensive
“And” who sought nothing
But to bring two “The”s together.

Vowels and consonants
Raced each other in a whirl
And bumped a comma who
Was avoiding the period,
Not wanting to be a semicolon.

Every once and a while
A consonant and vowel
Crashed into others
And a conjunction was inevitable.

This crazy dance got faster
And faster as the words,
Punctuation and letters got more
Heated, passionate, and moving.

Till it seemed this literal soup
Would exceed its bowly limits,
And that is when this paper filter
Fell in the soup, then all that
Literary movement got stuck on a page.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Nice redesign. At least, I'm sure I'll think it is once my eye adjusts :)

I like the poem. Especially the conjunction created by a clash.